Spa Etiquette -- keeping some simple tips in mind can make your day at the spa more pleasurable for yourself and others.
Please call (519) 583-0706 or (519) 583-0105 to reserve your appointment. A valid major credit card number is required at the time of booking for all spa packages to confirm your reservation.
- Booking two weeks in advance is recommended to secure your best choice of appointment dates and times.
- Please inform us at time of booking if you are planning to share time at the spa with a companion so we can endeavor to match your schedules accordingly.
- Please advise us of relevant health conditions at the time of booking and when filling out your health form so that our Spa specialist can offer an experience tailored to your specific needs.
- Please advise us at time of booking if you require shellac removal or would like French polish as both of these services require additional time that is not allotted for at time of booking and we may not be able to accommodate these services without prior notice.
- Groups of 5 or more guests are subject to a 20% gratuity added to all services, food and alcoholic beverages regardless of groups payment or individual payments.
Minimum Age Requirements:
Elements Day Spa welcomes youth 17 years of age and over, and teens 13 to 16 years of age when accompanied by a parent or guardian. Because so many of our guests come to the spa ‘for time away from it all’, our guest feedback overwhelmingly supports the view that our spa environment is unsuitable for children ages 12 and under, including infants. Health information is required by law from all guests regardless of age. A parent must provide written permission for massage therapy for teens 13 to16 years of age and the parent must remain in the room during the massage service.
24-hour’s notice is required to cancel or reschedule à la carte services and 72 hours for a Spa Package. Please understand that you will be charged 50% of each service price if you change your appointment without the minimum notice.
Persons that do not arrive for their appointment or call to cancel services will be charged 100% of those services plus a 15% gratuity.
Group bookings require a minimum of 2 weeks notice for cancellations. If less than 2 weeks notice, but more than
1 weeks notice you will be charged 50% of each service price. If 7 days or less notice, you will be charged 100%
of each service. The 100% of services charge will also apply to all "no shows" plus a 20% gratuity.
Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to your first service to give yourself the necessary time to complete a universal health form. This information is accessed only by your spa specialists – a Registered Massage Therapist (or esthetician) during your appointment. It is important that the health information you provide is complete and accurate. This information is confidential and is required by law for Registered Massage Therapists. This is a request that we now make for aesthetics services as well.
To avoid disappointment, please be on time. If you are late, it will result in a shortened appointment or a rescheduled appointment with applicable charges.
Why do we collect health information?
Health information is collected in order to promote a safe and healthy environment for our guests, to ensure continuity of information from one visit to the next, and to assist in customizing treatments to individual needs, particularly if there are medical issues or allergies which could have contraindications for certain products or services. Your health information can be updated annually or at your convenience. We appreciate your patience as we work towards being able to merge the information you may have previously provided (eg for massage therapies) with any additional information you provide pertaining to aesthetics services.
Please help us preserve a tranquil environment by lowering your voice and turning off your cell phone. For the privacy of our guests cell phones and cameras are not permitted in the Water Therapies area or locker rooms.
Elements Day Spa is a smoke-free facility. According to bylaws, smoking is not permitted in the building or within 9 metres of the entrance.
Elements Day Spa Gift Cards are available for purchase in the form of à la carte services, Spa Packages, or as Dollar-Value Gifts. Gift cards are an excellent way to reward and recognize someone special. Spa Gift Cards can be purchased at the spa or by telephone with a credit card. If you receive a Gift Card for a package or service that you don’t want, you may use the dollar value of that certificate towards any product or service you would like, however, Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash. Any remaining value on Gift Card can be applied to future visits, or can be used to purchase After Spa Care products. Spa Gift Cards do not typically include gratuities. Gift Cards cannot be purchased for the monthly spa special. We are sorry but we are not responsible for lost or damaged Gift Cards.
What to Bring and Wear:
A robe, footwear and a secure space to store your belongings is provided. Almost everything else you need is here: shampoo, conditioner, body wash and a hairdryer. Please remember to bring your hairbrush, cosmetics and any other toiletries you may need.
- Please bring a swimsuit if you plan to use the salt water pool or sauna.
- If you plan to make use of the salt water pool or sauna, we suggest that you give yourself an hour before your first service so you have ample time to relax and enjoy.
- During your treatment your body will be professionally draped at all times so it’s up to you whether you disrobe completely or leave your undergarments on for massage and body treatments. Disposable underwear is provided for some body treatments.
- If you are having a pedicure, we suggest that you bring open-toed shoes so your polish doesn’t smudge before it has an opportunity to harden. Polish can be dry, but takes 24 hours to cure.
- Elements Day Spa is not responsible for lost or misplaced items. Valuables are best left at home.
What to do: Shaving
- Men receiving a facial should shave at least two hours before their appointment.
- For body treatments we recommend that any shaving be done the day before because it is best not to shave on the day of an exfoliation.
Healthcare Insurance Coverage:
Healthcare insurance coverage covers Therapeutic Massages performed by Registered Massage Therapists. Please note your need for a receipt at booking and again, at check-in. Due to insurance company policies a receipt for Registered Massage Therapy cannot be issued for gift certificates and their redemption. If you choose to upgrade from a relaxation massage to a Registered Massage Therapy in a Spa Package, an insurance receipt will only be issued for the value of the Registered Massage Therapy, not the entire package price.
Gratuities are appreciated, at your discretion. Each esthetician and Massage Therapist has a personal purse located at the reception area for gratuities or you may present the gratuity directly to the esthetician or Massage Therapist.
Salt Water Pool, Dry Sauna, FOOD & BEVERAGES:
In our attempt to ensure the health, safety and a positive environment for all our guests, we ask that you keep in mind the following:
- Please note there is no lifeguard on duty
- Please shower before entering the pool
- Do not bring food, drinks or glass into the pool or sauna
- To be respectful to other guests, please keep the noise level to a minimum
- Mobile phones or cameras are not permitted within our locker room area
- Keep in mind that the pool deck is co-ed – proper swimwear is required
- We are a family friendly spa – acts of extreme intimacy are not acceptable
- Use of our pool and sauna facilities are complimentary with any service you receive at the spa and is exclusively available to clients having treatments.
- Food and alcoholic beverages are available on a limited spa menu. Since Elements Day Spa is part of David's Restaurant our policy is that "no outside food or beverages are permitted within the spa." FOOD SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE SPA DURING THE WINTER MONTHS. Food will be available on the spa patio in the summer months if weather is permitting. We do have a private stairwell to the restaurant for those guests would like to enjoy lunch, dinner or drinks after their services. Alcoholic beverages are limited to 2 beverages per person maximum in the spa based on the guidelines set out by the AGCO.
- There is no food or beverages permitted in the change rooms, pool, sauna or treatment rooms.
Prices, services, policies and hours are subject to change without notice. All pricing is plus HST and do not include gratuities.
Unfortunately Elements Day Spa cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items. Valuables are best left at home.
Refund and Exchange Policy
Within 30 days of purchase, retail items may be refunded in the form of a spa credit or exchanged for other products of equal value. Item/items must be unused, in their original packaging and accompanied by the original receipt of sale.
Accepted Forms of Payment:
Elements Day Spa accepts most major credit cards, debit, cash & Elements gift certificates. We are sorry but we do not accept cheques.